Skip to main content
Alternative Enforcement Sanctions for Home Health Agencies
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (“CMS”) issued a final rule that will implement, for the first time, a range of alternative sanctions against home health agencies (“HHAs”) found to have deficiencies constituting noncompliance with Medicare conditions of participation (“COPs”). The recording will cover:
Informal Dispute Resolution
The Alternative Sanctions
What Are the Alternative Sanctions and How Do They Work?
• Suspension of Payment for all New Patient Admissions and New Payment Episodes
• Directed Plans of Correction
• Directed In-Service Training
• Temporary Management
• Some Basic Rules You Need to Know About Alternative Sanctions
• Factors CMS Considered in Selecting Alternative Sanctions
Provider Appeals of Sanctions Imposed For Noncompliance
Lessons from the SNF World
CMS Next Steps & Monetary Penalties
Presenter: Kenneth L. Burgess, JD, Partner, Poyner Spruill
AHHC Member Rate:
Risk & Responsibility in Preventing Workplace...
The 60-Day Rule & What it Means to Your Agency
What the New Federal Discrimination Laws Mean to...
HH COP Training for Aides
Chronic Disease Management
CMS CJR Payment Initiatives