This webinar will cover:
- Brief background on the RAC for Region 5 - Performant - Overall scope of work & CMS expectations
- How agencies can be chosen for an audit & types of audits - automated & complex - and how notified
- ADR Limits and how to send record requests - what happens if records are not sent in?
- RAC Audit Guidelines
- RAC Automated & Complex Review Work Flows & Important Timelines (how to utilize a Discussion Review; the Appeal Process)
- Role of the MAC in review and appeals
- Risk of extrapolation and when to involve counsel
- What you can do now to prepare
Presenter: Attorney Matthew W. Wolfe - Matt Wolfe is a Partner in the law firm Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein. Mr. Wolfe guides clients through the evolving legal and regulatory environment to meet their business needs and the needs of those they serve. He works proactively with clients to ensure compliance and minimize violations. When a government agency, private contractor, or other body initiates an investigation, Matt knows how to respond. He defends clients from a variety of regulatory challenges, including Medicaid and Medicare program integrity actions, False Claims Act actions, terminations, denials, postpayment reviews, prepayment reviews, and payment suspensions. Mr. Wolfe earned his law degree and Master of Public Policy degree from Duke University and obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of Rochester. He has been named a North Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Star in Government Relations (2014), Health Care (2015, 2017), and Administrative Law (2016). Mr. Wolfe serves as legal and legislative counsel to the Association for Home & Hospice Care of North Carolina.
See Program for More Details