- Understand the proposed rebasing and rebalancing of the hospice payment rates as well as other changes to the hospice payment components
- List the modifications proposed for the election statement
- Learn the what, why, when and how related to the proposed Addendum to the election statement
- Understand how to determine the financial impact on your individual hospice’s bottom line
- List advantages and disadvantages to the addendum to the election statement being a condition of payment
- Differentiate between proposed rule and final rule and the importance of sharing comments with CMS
See Program for Details
Ms. Wehri has over 25 years of experience in home health and hospice, holding numerous executive-level positions, with extensive and direct knowledge of industry operations, regulation, accreditation standards, interpretation and compliance, quality assessment, and performance improvement programming and compliance programs. Katie has worked for hospices and home health organizations in a variety of settings, including multiple locations in multiple states, hospice inpatient units, pediatric hospice and adult and pediatric palliative care. She also has experience in opening and expanding sites for hospice and home health organizations. Katie worked for NAHC from 2011-2017, focusing mostly on hospice issues. From 2009 to 2017, Katie also worked for the Indiana Association for Home and Hospice Care, where she assisted members with questions related to regulations, operations, legislation and finance.
Mark Sharp, Partner, BKD CPAs & Advisors
Mark is a Partner with BKD’s National Health Care Group and serves as the firm-wide leader of BKD’s Center of Excellence for Home Care and Hospice Services. He has more than 20 years of experience assisting home care and hospice providers with strategic planning, financial management, audits, accounting, cost reports, operating budgets, agency start-up and mergers and acquisitions. As a nationally recognized home care consultant, Mark serves on the board for the National Association for Home Care & Hospice and is the past chair of the Home Care and Hospice Financial Managers Association’s Advisory Board. He frequently presents workshops on various home care and hospice topics at national, regional, and state home care conferences. He has authored many industry articles and is regularly quoted in industry periodicals such as Eli’s Home Care Week, Hospital Home Health, and Home Health Line.
Katie Wehri, Director of Home Care and Hospice Regulatory Affairs
National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC)