Meet the Speakers
•Anita M. Laumann, RN, BSN, Nurse Consultant Lead
•Greta D. Hill, RN, Nurse Consultant Team Lead
•Phyllis Nealey, RN, Nurse Consultant Lead
Acute & Home Care Licensure & Certification Section
Division of Health Service Regulation
North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
• §484.50 agency responsibilities regarding notice of patient rights including definitions of “representative” and patient’s legal representative, notice of transfer and discharge policies and handling of patient complaints.
• §484.55 initial and comprehensive assessment of patients and 48 hours requirement.
• §484.60 care planning, coordination of services, and quality of care including new requirements such as:
**(xii) A description of the patient’s risk for emergency department visits and hospital re-admission, and all necessary interventions to address the underlying risk factors; (xiii) Patient and caregiver education and training to facilitate timely discharge;
**(xiv) Patient specific interventions and education; measurable outcomes and goals identified by the HHA and the patient;
**(xv) Information related to any advanced directives; patient care orders and verbal order requirements; patient notice of plan of care revisions; and written information to the patient.
• §484.110 clinical records: content, discharge summary and authentication
• §484.80 new Home health aide training requirements, assignment and supervision.
• The role of the Governing Body as related to agency oversight and QAPI
• Questions re: ER prep and Infection Control Responsibilities
• Areas in the NC licensure rules that remain unchanged although eliminated in the COPs
See Program for Details